This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Chili-Lime Air Fryer Salmon is seasoned with a blend of spices for maximum flavor that cooks in under 10 minutes.
Chili-Lime Air Fryer Salmon
The only way I make salmon these days is in the air fryer. It’s the fastest and easiest way to get the most tender piece of salmon with seared edges. Plus, there’s no need to preheat the oven, and it doesn’t make the whole kitchen smell like fish. This Chili-Lime Salmon is so tasty as is, or try it topped with Avocado Mango Salsa! You may also like this Air Fryer Salmon with Maple-Soy Glaze or Basil-Parmesan Crusted Salmon recipe.
Chili-Lime Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon: I used fresh wild salmon filets, but you can also use thawed frozen fish
- Spices: Tajin Classic, salt, garlic powder, oregano, smoked paprika
- Toppings: Finish the salmon with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro
What is in Tajin seasoning?
Tajin is a mix of chili peppers, lime, and salt. If you don’t have Tajin, substitute it with chili-lime seasoning from Trader Joe’s or other brands.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
Air frying salmon is so quick and easy!
- Spritz the salmon with oil and rub with all the spices.
- To prevent the salmon skin from sticking, spray the air fryer basket with oil (make sure it’s “propellant-free”) or line it with air fryer parchment paper with holes.
- Put the salmon in the basket with the skin side down.
- Air fry the fish for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness at 400F degrees. No need to turn the fish.
What to Serve with Chili-Lime Salmon
I love to top this chili-lime salmon with a fresh salsa like this Avocado Mango Salsa or Watermelon Salsa. You could also serve it with Cilantro Lime Rice, Black Beans, or Skillet Mexican Zucchini.
The salmon would also be great as fish tacos or on a salad. And don’t forget about the drinks – make a margarita or paloma to go with your meal. ¡Salud!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
Chili-Lime Air Fryer Salmon
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
This Chili-Lime Salmon is seasoned with a blend of Mexican spices for maximum flavor and cooks in the air fryer in under 10 minutes.
- 4 6 ounce pieces wild salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tajin Classic or chili-lime seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Lime wedges, for serving
- chopped fresh cilantro
- mango-avocado salsa, Optional for topping
Spritz salmon all over with oil and season with chili-lime seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and oregano.
Spray the basket with olive oil or use air fryer parchment with holes to prevent sticking.
Place salmon in the air fryer basket with the skin side down and air fry 400F for 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve with lime wedges and top with fresh cilantro, and optional salsa if desired.
Serving: 1filet, Calories: 262kcal, Carbohydrates: 0.5g, Protein: 37.5g, Fat: 12.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 322.5mg, Fiber: 0.5g
Keywords: air fryer salmon, best salmon recipes, healthy salmon recipes