K-12 Schools COVID-19 Mitigation Toolkit
The information in this toolkit is based on:
Running Schools During COVID-19: CDC Considerations
Strategies to protect K-12 school staff from COVID-19
Schools are an important part of a community; Hence, this toolkit is designed to help schools reopen for personal learning. Public health officials, K-12 administrators, school district officials and occupational safety and health professionals can use this toolkit in its entirety or select sections based on local health needs and priorities.
This toolkit provides a at a glance resource as well as Checklists Prepare schools for personal tuition and manage day-to-day operations during COVID-19. Schools need to determine how often to revisit these materials if the situation and guidance for COVID-19 changes in their communities.
- The use of this toolkit is voluntary
- This toolkit is Not is intended to evaluate compliance with legal regulations
- This toolkit works Not Replace federal, state, tribal, local or territorial health and safety or privacy and confidentiality laws, rules and regulations that schools must comply with
- This toolkit is Not Intends to violate the constitutional and legal protection of religious private schools
- This toolkit can be completed independently by school staff, or in consultation with state, tribal, local, and territorial health authorities or occupational safety and health professionals
- This toolkit can be customized based on local guidelines and the school's need to review mitigation strategies
- This toolkit emphasizes the importance of reviewing external factors, such as community transmission, when making school operations decisions