Steps to reset your life before changing diet for better weight loss results
Are you struggling to get back to the days of life when you were healthy and full of energy? Are you finding it difficult to stick to any one particular diet plan? Are you going for daily walks without fail and still not losing weight? If the answers to all these three questions is a YES, then congratulations you are at the right place to know about what are the most effective steps to reset your life before changing diet for better weight loss results.
Steps to reset your life before changing diet for better weight loss diet
There is one basic thing to understand before you think of changing your diet for one common reason that your restricted diet is not giving you any results and that is, your body needs a particular number of calories daily to live healthily. If we consume more than required calories leads to unhealthy weight gain and similarly less calories lead to unhealthy weight loss. In both the cases our health and well being takes a toll. Let us take a look at the important steps you need to take in order to lose weight in a healthy way.
- Open any free tool available on internet to find out what should be your ideal calorie intake. The number of calories your body requires depends on various factors like gender, age, height, activity levels, and of course weight.
- Once you get a number that you must intake as calories then second step is to keep a track of what you are eating all through the week. In order to lose weight you need a calorie deficit that will help you start losing weight. Generally consuming 500 calories lesser than your regular one can do the trick.
- Burning calories through exercise is an easy way to help in the calorie deficit effort.
- It is a known fact that 500 grams of body fat contains almost 3,500 calories and to lose those 500 grams of fat in one week, we need a calorie deficit of nothing less than 500 calories daily. If that is achieved then a total of 3,500 calories per week can be easily achieved.
- Most of the times we over do things because we think if we create a bigger deficit we will be able to lose more weight. But, keep in mind that creating a weekly calorie deficit more than 7,000 calories is the worst thing you could do to your body.
What happens when you create a real big calorie deficit by eating less and burning more…
- You develop eating disorder through large calorie deficits that can lead to various problems like slow metabolism, nutrition Deficiency so it is advisable not to overdo anything. A slow metabolism brings with it loss of muscle mass and badly affects your weight loss and fitness goals.
- Don’t stay hungry. Eat your meal thinking of it as a health package full of all nutrients like proteins, minerals and all kinds of vitamins.
- A big calorie deficit also lowers immunity resulting in falling sick regularly. Not only that it also makes you feel weak and tired and over a period you will lose all interest in health and fitness because you won’t have any energy.
- Here is a bad news for women especially that big calorie deficit can impact hormones resulting in irregular ovulation and low fertility.
Now let us see what needs to be taken care of while you look for a new diet plan in order to be successful in losing weight…
- The most common one that every one tells yet is the most difficult to follow… control sugar intake. To begin with start cutting in the beverages like tea, coffee and lemonades.
- Eat simple salads and avoid adding packaged dressings, which have added preservatives. You can make your own at home or read labels before buying.
- Eat small portions of all kinds of foods and if you cannot control something in particular, then don’t look at it… 😛
- Stop calorie intake in the form of soft drinks, energy drinks and alcohol as these are loaded with hidden sugar.
- Consume more protein and fibre-rich food items as they keep you full longer and help in controlling hunger pangs.
- Air fry, boil or steam your food but never fry… it is bad for your well being.
- Feeling hungry, drink a glass of water. Yes, before meals if you drink water, it will control overeating.
- Exercise 1 hour daily if you wish to lose weight in a healthy way.
To top it all here is a list of foods you can add to your daily diet for a healthy weight loss.
- Coffee can be had as it boosts metabolism but beware of caffeine addiction.
- Green Tea in the morning and after meal promotes fat burning. Have it without sugar.
- Eggs can keep you happy and full for longer especially if had in the morning.
- Eat negative calorie vegetables and fruits like watermelon, berries, tomato, carrot, apple and cucumber.
Finally remember you are beautiful any way that you are. Yes, being obese can take away your healthy glow and smile because you don’t like it yourself. So don’t think about anyone and get moving for yourself. Be beautiful, Be healthy.
Previous articleWhy popular weight loss diets do not work
56 years old, writer, painter, educator, meal planner, and motivational coach who is ever willing to do something new on a daily basis. She turned into a health enthusiast from being a couch potato, repacked her free soul from 98 kg to 67 kg frame, and fell in love with life all over again at the age of 45. Right now she is a strong proponent of Body Positivity.